- The Central Library and Information Centre of the institution has been functioning since the inception of the college in the year 1985. At present it is housed in the 7th floor of the college building. Being in the top floor of the building, it has highly ventilated with natural breeze and sunlight. Library has all the basic amenities like drinking water, coffee wending machine, scanning & printing, photocopying facility, display boards, uninterrupted power supply, Internet and A/C for P.G. Section
- As a hub of the institution Library and Information Centre play a pivotal role to meet and fulfill the ever changing needs of the patrons by providing access to the Information needs related to Dentistry & Oral Sciences. Main objective of the library is to improve the quality of resources and services so as to enhance and uphold the academic development of the institution globally.
- Library and Information Centre functions with a motto of “At Your Service for the Sake of Knowledge”
- Library and Information Centre is functioning on all the week days from 8.30 A.M. to 11.00 P.M.
- Sundays and General holidays from 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. During exam time it is extended up to 12.00 midnight.
- The Circulation counter is functioning on Week days 9.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M. and Saturday 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.
New Books and latest editions are added every year as per the recommendations received from faculties and students.
|Total Books of Central Library
|354(260 full Text)
- The housekeeping functions of the library are automated with bar-coding facility
- The library is attached with digital Library section and audiovisual section wherein facilities like internet, photo scanner, printing facility (includes color printer) Audio-visual facility etc
- The library is monitored by CC camera and biometric In & Out system
- Open Access System
- User Orientation
- Information Display and Notification
- Bibliographic Compilation
- Reprographic Facility
- Book Bank Facility
- Computers with Internet Facility
- E-Journals and E-Books
- Audio-Visual Resources
- Book CDs & DVDs collections
- Digital Library Services
- Computerized Operations
- Reference/Referral Service
Outreach or Extension Activities:
- Orientation for the fresher.
- Book Exhibitions.
- Training on the use of digital resources.
- Newspaper Clippings.
- New arrivals Display and Circulation
- Current Content of Journals Circulation through mail.
- Member of DELNET & HELINET Consortia
- Institutional Repository: Thesis/dissertations, faculty publications, and question papers are included.