The department of Prosthodontic is one of the most important speciality in dentistry pertaining to the diagnosis of the patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or oral and maxillofacial tissue defects, treatment planning and execution and rehabilitation using biocompatible artificial substitutes with an aim to correct and maintain the functionality of oral artificial substitutes with an aim to correct and maintain the functionality of oral structures enabling proper masticatory efficiency, aesthetic concerns and phonetics. This department also includes the new technologies of modern days like reconstructive prosthodontics, implantology and aesthetic dentistry. These new avenues have made this department a perfect choice for the students to opt and learn and be better clinicians of modern world. Losing the vital oral structures can be very much discouraging and can shake one’s confidence. The happiness of restoring these defects with dentures, crowns, bridgework and implants can instil a greater confidence in any individual thus, making the best choice for the patients. The ultimate goal of any clinicians in this department would be to restore the unique smiles of every individuals visiting here.
The success of any treatments or clinical outcomes are dependant mainly on well-planned learning curriculum and the efforts put in this directions by our teaching faculties have proved to be a great success in the life of students. The newer techniques and technologies are consistently upgraded and implemented at all levels of teaching, be it clinical or theory based learning. The vast infra structure available in the department is an extension of its commitment. Among very few dental institutions across the nation, this department has more teaching faculties and this can have a greater significance when student-teacher ratios are considered.
- Best in class faculty members and infrastructure.
- State of arts undergraduate and postgraduate clinics.
- Well-equipped, air-conditioned laboratories to fabricate prosthesis along with two preclinical laboratories.
- A separate silicone lab, casting and ceramic lab with latest equipment and materials.
- Exquisite laboratory for CAD-CAM.
The students at under graduate levels are competitively exposed to learn quality education at pre-clinical level, clinical level and theory based learning. This department has well equipped pre-clinical laboratory where the students sharpen their skills before entering the clinical areas. This instills greater preparedness and confidence among learning students. This carried forward, makes them better clinicians in delivering complete denture works and removable prostheses. The theory based learning augments these efforts in rendering prosthetics oral health services and restore their oral health completely.
Knowledge always finds new ways to expand and if students are competitively involved, it provides greater opportunities to learn at various levels. The department provides these unique programmes at post-graduate level to be better clinicians. The addition of fixed prosthodontics, implantology and other advanced surgical and non-surgical prosthetic corrections has sharpened students efficiency and calibre to execute diagnosis and treatment plan at highest level of oral health care delivery. Exposure to scientific research as part of their curriculum makes them great researcher of today and tomorrow.
DEPARTMENT FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Well equipped Pre-Laboratory with latest technologies and materials
- Well equipped Clinical setup having increased patient flow from in and around Patna district.
- Treatment includes making of complete denture, removable partial dentures, various types of fixed prostheses like crown and bridge, implant retained/supported prostheses and among rehabilitative care includes acquired/congenital maxilla-facial defects, intra and extra oral maxillofacial prostheses by the best of materials
- Well-equipped ceramic laboratory, cobalt-chromium laboratory, silicone laboratory with latest technologies.
- Also provides specialized prosthodontics services like over-dentures, full mouth rehabilition and TMJ splints.
- A specialized Implant Clinic with sufficient implant materials available and students gets many opportunities to learn the best techniques.
- Advanced diagnostic and treatment protocols are routinely followed which include Dental CT scan, Surgical Guides, Single State Surgeries, Guided Surgeries and Sinus Lift Procedures.
- Also provides special services to military personnel, Freedom Fighters, Senior Citizens, Physically Handicapped and BPL patients with nominal rates for treatment.
The post graduates are trained to rehabilitate patients with congenital or acquired head and neck defects. Students are exposed to patient care requiring greater management skills and patient sensitivity. Area of patient treatment includes acquired defects of the mandible and maxilla, palatopharyngeal function, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and Occluso-facial defects.
Extraordinaire in-house CAD-CAM (Dentsply Sirona) including intraoral and extra oral scanners along with designing, milling and sintering units has been installed, providing a futuristic approach to dentistry. This permits instant smile transformation with same day prosthesis delivery.
CONTINUED DENTAL EDUCATION PROGRAMMES:
The department conducts continued dental education programmes on regular basis as this provides an excellent platform to upgrade the knowledge.